Third Time's a Charm: Katie Aceto (Experience Leader)

Hey everyone! My name is Katie and I’m a junior Animal Sciences/Pre-Vet major. I’m from Rockville, MD and in my free time I enjoy reading, volunteering, spending time with my dog, listening to country music, and irresponsibly binge-watching The Office, Parks and Rec, and Once Upon a Time on Netflix ;) I have a lot of favorite animals, but some of my favorites are dogs, tigers, kangaroos, and sea turtles (of course)! This is my third year on the Terps Helping Turtles trip (hence the title). I was a participant on this trip my freshman year, and I co-lead the trip last year as well. I am so excited to be back because, honestly, Terps Helping Turtles has been one of the best experiences of my life, and I really hope you all enjoy it too! Not only did we get to work with sea turtles, but we also participated in a sea turtle necropsy, met some birds a local raptor center, visited an aquarium, and taught children about sea turtles. I have learned so much about how we affect the environment over the past two years, and I cannot wait to see what this year holds! Looking forward to our week together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TURTLES!!! And THE Most Inspiring Person on the Planet

The Spot Between the Fish and the Vegetables

Saying Goodbye