A Turtle-Loving Terp: Sherry Fan (Participant)

Hello~

My name is Sherry Fan and I am a freshman Physiology and Neurobiology major from Gaithersburg, MD. I am a member of the UMD Badminton team and I love to stay active. In my spare time, I enjoy drawing, reading, learning, and volunteering. At home I have a pet turtle named Guigui. When I got her, I spent hours on end researching the anatomy and behavior of turtles - I am curious to see how much semi aquatic turtles have in common with sea turtles.

I am super excited to interact with sea turtles in person! I have been fascinated with them since writing a research paper about them in elementary school. Sadly, when I learned about sea turtles then, they were already endangered, and currently, the situation has only gotten worse. I am looking forwards to contributing to the well being of the turtles at the hospital and using what I learn to continue helping the environment in the future. I am also looking forwards to meeting inspiring new people, making great friends, and having fun together!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TURTLES!!! And THE Most Inspiring Person on the Planet

The Spot Between the Fish and the Vegetables

Turtle Teaching = Totally Terrific