Awkward Turtle Helping Turtles: Hannah Horng (Participant)

Hello! My name is Hannah and I'm a junior double majoring in Bioengineering and Mathematics from Rockville Maryland. In my spare time you can usually find me napping, watching anime, folding origami, or drinking way too much bubble tea. My favorite animal is the owl, but I'm a fan of most birds and enjoy collecting plushies of owls and penguins.

This is my first time going on an Alternative Breaks, and I'm very excited to go to the raptor center as well as meet the sea turtles up close! I'm also looking forward to engaging with the local community and exploring the effects of human interaction on the environment, specifically at the Topsail beaches. I hope to get to know everyone on the trip as well as people working towards environmental conservation at both the sea turtle hospital and the wider Topsail community. Here's to a good time!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TURTLES!!! And THE Most Inspiring Person on the Planet

The Spot Between the Fish and the Vegetables

Turtle Teaching = Totally Terrific