Let's Have a Flipping Fun Time: Kimia Abtahi (Participant)

Greetings! I'm Kimia, and I'm a senior majoring in Physiology & Neurobiology on the pre-medical track. I was born and raised in Howard County, MD. Two of my main hobbies are running and photography. I am currently applying to medical school and if accepted (fingers crossed), will matriculate in the fall of 2019. In the meantime, I will hopefully be doing research at the National Institutes of Health.

I participated in my first Alternative Breaks trip my freshman year. It was on the issue of urban agriculture in Boston, MA, and I really enjoyed it. After that, I kept hearing about how great the Terps Helping Turtles trip is from my friends who had gone on it. After so many positive remarks, I knew that I had to do it before graduating. I've been a strong supporter of environmental conservation since coming into university. I have become more educated on this issue over the last few years and have increased my environmentally conscious practices. I hope this trip will allow me to get more involved in the issue on a larger level and will help me continue to learn.

I can't wait to meet my soon-to-be new turtle friends :)


This is from my first AB trip at a dairy farm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TURTLES!!! And THE Most Inspiring Person on the Planet

The Spot Between the Fish and the Vegetables

Turtle Teaching = Totally Terrific