Ready for a turtle-rific time!: Nelson Chen (Participant)

Hi everyone! My name is Nelson Chen and I am from Greenbelt, MD, which is right up the road from the University of Maryland. I am a sophomore first-year ILS student majoring in Neurobiology & Physiology and Psychology. This is my first time going on an Alternative Spring Break trip and I look forward to it as I have heard great things about it.

Some things that I really enjoy would be biking, napping, and hanging out with friends. I spent a lot of time working as a scribe and volunteering my time at different service sites including going on this trip to volunteer at the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue & Rehabilitation Center!

I am really excited to go on this trip as I want to be able to get first-hand experience working with these turtles as well as explore the different sites we will also be volunteering at. Turtles are very interesting creatures and I have spent a good amount of time watching documentaries about them. Overall, I look forward to learning a lot about these turtles and about our impact on the environment as humans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TURTLES!!! And THE Most Inspiring Person on the Planet

The Spot Between the Fish and the Vegetables

Turtle Teaching = Totally Terrific