Ready to Shellebrate the Start of Our Trip!!: Lexi Wolfe (Participant)

Hi everyone! My name is Lexi, and I am from Cockeysville, MD. I am a sophomore majoring in Neurobiology/Physiology as well as Spanish.  This will be my first year on the Terps Helping Turtles trip, and I am can't wait to have the opportunity to voltunteer at the Beasley Sea Turtle Hospital!
My absolutely favorite thing to do is travel, and if I can see animals as I go (as I had the chance to with the sloth in Peru as pictured), even better! I have many favorite animals, and while sloths and turtles are certainly close to the top of my list, my absolute favorite has to be a polar bear.  Polar bears, like sea turtles, are obviously being greatly impacted by climate change and pollution, and we all need to do what we can to help them.  I am excited to have the opportunity learn more about and participate in environmental conservation efforts during my spring break with our Terps Helping Turtles group.  I am looking forward to getting to know my fellow participants, and to making lots of great memories during our week in Topsail! :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TURTLES!!! And THE Most Inspiring Person on the Planet

The Spot Between the Fish and the Vegetables

Turtle Teaching = Totally Terrific