Shell-fless Terp Ready to Save Others of her Kind: Ashley Houser(Participant)


Hey everyone! I am Ashley Houser and I am a Freshman Animal Science/Pre-Vet major, and I am thinking about adding in a minor in business. I am currently in the Mighty Sound of Maryland marching band at UMD, and I am also very passionate about dancing and I am looking forward to hopefully join a team on campus next semester. I am from Ellicott City, MD, and in my free time I love to dance(this took up probably 95% of my time before college), volunteer at local animal shelters and vet clinics, and binge watch my favorite shows and movies, some of which include Friends, So You Think You Can Dance, and any classic Disney movies. My favorite animal is probably a sheep as my room at home is infested with millions of sheep stuffed animals, but I really love all animals!

I am so excited for this trip as it will be great to have such hands-on experience with an exotic species of animals, as this will be such a change in atmosphere from working with the animals at the farm every week. I also cannot wait to learn more about what I can be doing more to save endangered species, and protect the environment. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone better while we all strive towards learning more about turtles and the positive impact we can have on their lives through outreach and conservation. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TURTLES!!! And THE Most Inspiring Person on the Planet

The Spot Between the Fish and the Vegetables

Turtle Teaching = Totally Terrific