Turtley Stoked: Donald De Alwis (Experience Leader)


Hey everyone! My name is Donald, and I’m currently a sophomore studying Environmental Science and Technology and Public Health. This will be my second time volunteering at the Beasley Sea Turtle Hospital, and this year I’m super stoked (turtley stoked, one might say) to co-lead the experience. I hail all the way from Silver Spring, Maryland (a whole 15 minutes down the road), meaning I’m almost as local as it gets. So local, in fact, that I’ve gone to middle school, high school, and college on the same street that I live on. Go MoCo! As a wildlife photographer it’s impossible for me to pick a favorite animal (they’re all too good), but if I was forced to choose I would have to pick the wolverine. But I guarantee you that answer will change if you ask me tomorrow (see above parenthesis). I love to hike, camp, climb, and do anything that involves getting me out into the mountains. Terps Helping Turtles was life-changing experience, and I’m excited to return to the turtle hospital as an experience leader this year. I can’t wait to spend a week with you all and make some amazing memories! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TURTLES!!! And THE Most Inspiring Person on the Planet

The Spot Between the Fish and the Vegetables

Turtle Teaching = Totally Terrific